Cascina EGO-Virgo accounts
There are three types of accounts at Cascina, which are all described below.
Please note that these account types are not inter-dependent, so changing the password for one will not change the passwords for the other accounts.
1 - Active Directory accounts
Active Directory accounts are used to:
Requesting and managing an Active Directory account
- for all users:
- for Virgo users only:
- log-in to the EGO Windows workstations;
- log-in to the EGO wireless network.
If you do not have an Active Directory account, please refer to the EGO User Profile
page, which provides all of the required information.
2 - LINUX accounts
LINUX accounts are used to:
Requesting and managing a LINUX account
- establish a single desktop session via Thinlinc on the workstation clusters pointing to these front-ends:
- farmn.virgo.infn.it for the farmnXX.virgo.infn.it nodes;
- ctrl.virgo.infn.it for the ctrlXX.virgo.infn.it nodes.
- access the command line via SSH of each of the following nodes:
- the nodes in the range farmn1.virgo.infn.it to farmn13.virgo.infn.it;
- the olserver nodes;
- and the ctrl nodes.
A LINUX account can be requested by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Remember to add the e-mail address of your Collaboration Reference Person in CC to your e-mail. Please include the following information:
- Institute e-mail address;
- Institute name;
- Collaboration to which you belong (Virgo, LSC, KAGRA);
- The name of the Collaboration Reference Person, you add in CC to the e-mail.
3 - Working Area accounts
These are used to access the EGO-Virgo Working Area
Requesting and managing a Working Area account
A Working Area account can be requested by sending an email to email@example.com
Requesting further assistance
Further assistance, should it be required, can be requested by contacting the EGO IT Department at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org