Linux Printer System
- Print Server: cupserver.virgo.infn.it
- CUPS Web Interface: https://cupserver.virgo.infn.it:631
- From here you can:
- see a linux Printers list
- manage your print-job (Status, delete, move, resend)
The printing system is CUPS and is configured on all the linux workstations and farmn nodes.
The commands are the usual ones to print on unix except that:
To list the available printer queues the command is
How to add printer in Apple MAC OS X
You need to be connected to EGO WiFi SSID.
To see a linux Printers list:
Now you need to enable Advanced Printer Settings in Printer Tab on System Preferences.
Then, to add cob_floor0 (for instance that one in front of Control Room)
ADD Printer (+) -→ Advanced
Tipo: "Windows printer via spoolss"
Dispositivo: "Un altro dispositivo"
- Select Software → HP LaserJet 700 color MFP M775
HP drivers installation on Mac OS X
drivers HP per MAc OS X.
Can be downloaded from here:
and install the .dmg package